1210 Wilson Hall Road
Sumter OMS, SC
Phone: (803) 905-4404
624 Front Street
Georgetown OMS, SC
Phone: 843 485 4081
Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
An exclusive practitioner of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. McGinnis received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
Following commended service as a dental officer in the United States Army, Dr. McGinnis completed four years of intensive postdoctoral hospital-based surgical residency in comprehensive oral and facial surgery and obtained a Master's degree in Science from OSU.
As a resident, Dr. McGinnis spent significant time rotating through related medical fields such as general surgery, anesthesiology, internal medicine, plastic surgery and emergency medicine.
In addition, Dr. McGinnis regularly attends continuing education programs to stay abreast of the latest techniques, technology and procedural innovations. Dr. McGinnis is certified by the prestigious American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
Dr. McGinnis holds a hospital appointment at Manning Memorial Hospital for major surgeries or medically compromised patients. He is also an active member of - and past presenter for - various professional organizations and volunteers with the Donated Dental Service, United Ministries and Helping Hands programs throughout the state providing care to the underserved. Dr. McGinnis' professional memberships include:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons---Board of Certification
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons--Fellow
- American Dental Association
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists---Board of Certification
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- South Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- South Carolina Dental Association---Committee Member, Delegate, Alternate Delegate